Re: Reminder: 10 Year Anniversary next year

On Aug 27, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Gavin Henry wrote:
<quote who="Pierangelo Masarati">
Gavin Henry wrote:
Dear All,

Just a reminder for next year for us to think of something grand to do!
;-)
Well, a grand thing for the 10th anniversary would have been
multi-master, but Howard anticipated it ;)

BTW: we keep advertising it as N-way, but it's actually limited to
4096-way }-)

Limits? Since when did we have limits? ;-)

What was the actual date OpenLDAP was born Kurt?

IIRC, the project was formally born on 25 August 1998, the day before the release of OpenLDAP 1.0.

According to CVS of COPYRIGHT file,

1.1 Sat Aug 8 22:43:13 1998 UTC; 9 years ago by kurt

The Project inherited the Net Boolean LDAP repository, so you have to be a bit careful in using it to establish project dates.