Re: OpenLDAP 2.5 plans and community engagement

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 10:14:36AM +0200, Clément OUDOT wrote:
> Le 24/07/2019 à 20:01, Ondřej Kuzník a écrit :
>> Let us know what the pain points have been with OpenLDAP when you were just
>> starting, right now and if you have a suggestion how to make it easier to start
>> using it. Or if you wanted to contribute, has anything discouraged you?
>> There are things we might not be able to influence easily (LDAP itself can be
>> complex), but a fresh look might help direct efforts in the right direction.
>
> thanks a lot for this mail. I hope that I can help OpenLDAP project the
> best I can.
>
> I can work on website or documentation, let me know.

Hi Clément,
if you wanted to get started now, website would be the more important of
the two. The main issue is that if someone's landed there for the first
time, they expect to find something completely different (latest
version download link, news, ...?) Don't know what's the best course of
action, so will leave that up to you and others.

AFAIK the git repo here reflects exactly what is served?
https://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap-www.git

An evolution on the caterpillar might also be considered at some point.

If you wanted to review documentation, pick a task and we can help from
there :)

--
Ondřej Kuzník
Senior Software Engineer