Re: Openldap and sssd: getting slapd to do TLS negotiation or getting sssd to NOT do TLS negotiation

--On Friday, September 29, 2017 5:03 PM -0400 Robert Heller <heller@deepsoft.com> wrote:

At Fri, 29 Sep 2017 10:29:11 -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com>
wrote:

--On Friday, September 29, 2017 2:17 PM -0400 Robert Heller
<heller@deepsoft.com> wrote:

>     Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption

The above is probably your problem.  I believe MozNSS will no longer
accept  SHA1 certs.  This was in the link I sent you yesterday.
Generate a more  secure cert (I.e., SHA256 or higher).

I replaced the certs with SHA256 versions and it is still not working:

You need logs from SSSD detailing why it is failing to negotiate. As you noted before, ldapsearch/ldapwhoami etc work for you. If that is still the case now with your new certs, you will need to pursue support with RedHat, as this clearly is not an OpenLDAP issue. Sorry I can't be of any more help than that.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation