Re: Openldap and sssd: getting slapd to do TLS negotiation or getting sssd to NOT do TLS negotiation

On 28.09.2017 21:41, Robert Heller wrote:
> Will these spit out useful error messages?  If I just get "TLS Negotiation
> failure" it is not going to be helpful.

You can make it a little bit more verbose with the option "-d -1"

It is only a suggestion, but can you test the parameter

TLS_REQCERT allow

in your /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

This ist not a good option for production systems, but it seems you come
in trouble with your certificates.

You have to set your

TLS_CACERT
xor
TLS_CACERTDIR

correctly in your /etc/openldap/slapd.conf to work stressless with your
ssl/tls.

best regards
Michael

--