Re: need an example of using "ldap_search_s" function using the "attr" parameter.

--On Monday, September 25, 2017 11:56 PM +0000 Don jessup <djessup72@yahoo.com> wrote:

To limit the information coming back from the server I only want the
values of the "sAMAccountName" attribute.  Every time I try populating
the "attrs" parameter I get an error.   I was wondering if I could be
pointed to an example or 2 that uses the parameter.

ldap_search_s is deprecated, you should be using ldap_search_ext_s instead.

However, libraries/libldap/sasl.c has a trivial example of using attrs with ldap_search_s:

   char *attrs[] = { "supportedSASLMechanisms", NULL };
   rc = ldap_search_s( ld, "", LDAP_SCOPE_BASE,
       NULL, attrs, 0, &res );

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>