Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Friday, September 15, 2017 9:12 PM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

This change led to a non-trivial breakage because the back-config
concepts and best practices have serious deficiencies.

I actually wrote a utility for Zimbra that replaces the schema in back-config for me on upgrades. This problem would have never manifested there. ;) But it still relies on knowing the exact weighting of the schema files, which in an environment like Zimbra, I could do since I controlled it. For $random installation, it is non-trivial.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>