Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Friday, September 15, 2017 10:01 AM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

And the upgrade issue with 'pwdMaxRecordedFailure' (see other mail
thread) serves as good example how easy it is to run into a operational
dead-end with cn=config. There's no easy way to fix this afterwards
without violating what's considered best practice for maintaining
cn=config. I could give several other examples for this kind of
operational dead-ends.

In retrospect, I think the ITS that introduced that change should not have gone into RE24. ;) Unfortunately, one thing that people seldom test in testing calls is upgrade scenarios from older versions of OpenLDAP to a current release, with a variety of configurations, so it was not caught as an issue prior to release.

Certainly another reason as to why we need 2.5 out with slapmodify (and possibly a flag to disable loading some modules in that scenario).

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>