Re: 2.4.44 + ITS 8432 patch segfault in modify_add_values

--On Friday, February 17, 2017 2:44 PM -0800 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 03:53:40PM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

It appears to be crashing while writing the change to the accesslog
database.  It's odd that the value for the attribute is NULL.  Do we
know  for sure what the client doing the write op to the server is
sending?

The code is in perl, and looks like this:

	$entry->replace(eduPersonAffiliation => \@eduPersonAffiliation);

In this case, the array @eduPersonAffiliation is empty, effectively
deleting the attribute. I'm not 100% sure what this generates on the
wire, I'd have to debug it. I can say it's the same code that's been
running for a decade or so with no issues.

Ok, I can see if I can reproduce something like this. Do you have a link to the schema file in use that adds this attribute?

Also, can you confirm your patch matches <https://github.com/Zimbra/packages/blob/master/thirdparty/openldap/patches/ITS8432.patch>

Thanks,
Quanah

Product Architect