Re: 2.4.44 + ITS 8432 patch segfault in modify_add_values

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 09:04:48AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> Hm, so there is <http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/?findid=8413>, but
> not sure that's the same issue.

I do have a 4-way MMR setup, but that seems to be the only simularity.
It's crashing in mods.c, not search.c, and from a segfault when actually
dereferencing a null pointer, rather than from an assertion failure
checking for one. Well, I suppose the other simularity is that it
happens during replication.

Fortunately it's not that frequent of an occurance, and our load
balancer pops the load over to the failover master fairly quickly when
it happens, we usually only lose one transaction that I need to go clean
up. It typically happens during the heavy update load of our daily
identity management syncronization batch job.