Re: Syncrepl refreshAndPersist provider reboot

--On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 5:34 PM +0000 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 2:05 PM +0100 Thomas Hummel
<thomas.hummel@pasteur.fr> wrote:

Is this a normal behavior providing I'm using refreshAndPersist mode ?

No.

It is normal behavior if you didn't configure retries. Without seeing the
actual config, nobody can give a definitive yes or no answer to this
question.

Ok, good point.  Assuming a sane syncrepl configuration block. ;)

 I mean do we have to restart the consumers each time the provider
restarts ?

No.  But there several bugs in OpenLDAP 2.4.40 around replication, and
that release should be used with care if replication is involved.  The
Redhat builds of course have additional issues. YMMV.

Without seeing configs, there is no evidence of any bug being relevant.

I didn't say that there was a relevant bug. I was simply pointing out that 2.4.40 is in and of itself, known to have several bugs around replication. I certainly wouldn't want anything I depended on running it. I.e., it was an FYI.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>