Re: Antw: Re: n-way multi master and mirror mode

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> But again, the point with setting up mirror mode is not to spread the load
> at all.  It is to force all writes to a single master.  My point being, this
> is not a necessary requirement for MMR.

Agreed.

In general I always recommend to send write requests to one master because you
always have to write n times (with n replicas) anyway.

But with OATH-LDAP I send bind requests for the same OTP token (resulting in an
modify request for updating the HOTP counter) to the same provider replica to
(hopefully) get better response times while trying to reduce the likelihood of
replication conflicts.

Ciao, Michael.