Re: Antw: Re: n-way multi master and mirror mode

--On Monday, December 05, 2016 6:44 PM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Ulrich Windl wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> schrieb am 05.12.2016 um 04:23
in
There is zero requirement to put a load balancer in front of an MMR
setup.

But it seems to make much sense: In my experience if you configure
multiple LDAP servers, the NSS resolver always uses the first configured
server as long as it's reachable; even if it's not, the first configured
server is tried first.

This depends very much on the client. E.g. sssd works fairly well even
with simple DNS round-robin. The load is almost equally spread.

But again, the point with setting up mirror mode is not to spread the load at all. It is to force all writes to a single master. My point being, this is not a necessary requirement for MMR.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>