Re: restrict openldap TLS version

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016, David Ward <daward@Brocade.COM> wrote:
> I'm looking for a test method to restrict the level of TLS used with
> slapd. I'm running ver 2.4.40 which supports TLS 1.2. I see the
> undocumented command 'TLSProtocolMin' to require minimum strength. I
> would like to disable certain version.

OpenLDAP doesn't provide any way to turn off support for the highest
protocol version supported by the OpenSSL it is built against.  If you
build against a modern OpenSSL, you get TLS 1.2 no matter what.  If you
need to test client operation against a server that doesn't support TLS
1.2 then you'll need to hack OpenLDAP to disable it, perhaps adding a
TLSProtocolMax option to your tree.

Philip Guenther