Re: OpenLDAP with OpenSSL 1.1.0

--On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 11:43 AM -0700 Norm Green <norm.green@gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

I am trying to build OpenLDAP from source on Linux with OpenSSL 1.1.0.  I
first tried version 2.4.44 and found that didn't work due to the API
changes in OpenSSL 1.1.0.  I then filed ITS 8488 on the problem, which
was quickly closed with the comment " Already supported in git master.
Closing this ITS.".

So I then got a copy of the git master and tried a build and it still
fails in configure a follows:

conftest.c:106: undefined reference to `SSL_library_init'
configure:15618: result: no
configure:15864: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

This function is no longer present in OpenSSL 1.1.0 so it would appear
the OpenLDAP configure script should be checking the version of OpenSSL
before looking for the SSL_library_init symbol.

Is this a known problem?  Should I file a bug?  Or is support for OpenSSL
1.1.0 known to be incomplete?

Follow up to ITS8353, noting that there is more to be done.

Product Engineer
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>