Re: Odd MMR behaviour with delta-syncrepl and refreshAndPersist

--On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:59 PM +0100 Mark Cairney <Mark.Cairney@ed.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

I can confirm I still see the issue when deleting and adding user
objects and groups using 3-way delta-MMR.

Please keep replies on the list.

From one of the servers receiving the change:

[snip]

I spotted the reference to "cn=marksgroup2" in the log above so decided
to try it with an objectclass that has no group memberships managed by
the memberOf overlay (simplesecurityobject) and it worked as expected:

Again from the consumer I see the following logged:

[snip]

So it looks like there's possibly an additional effect being caused by
the memberOf overlay but as about 90% of our LDAP writes are the
creation/modification/deletion of users and groups this could be a pain
on a production system :-)

Is this enough for you to go on? If there's any additional logging or
details of my config I'm happy to pass them on.

I dropped your replication log bits in case there was anything sensitive in there.

I agree, it looks like the memberof overlay is breaking replication in your case. I would suggest filing an ITS with details on your setup, and the logging you provided, obfuscated as necessary.

Platform Architect
Manager, Systems Team
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc