Re: OpenLDAP 2.4x Syncrepl setup

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 2:14 PM -0500 "Ted Hyde (RSI)"
<thyde@rndstudio.com> wrote:

Greets - I'm trying to set up a new slave (consumer) server that would
test against an existing (read: legacy) Samba4 AD controller for LDAP
auth. The intent is to have the consumers as distributed HA-like setups
in the event that VPNs or full off-site network connectivity was lost,
users could still authenticate against the local LDAP services. (The
application auth is really quite simple in this case, just some php
grabbing a bunch of groups, not full AD work). In "ye olde days", I could
do this with slapd.conf, but I'm trying to upgrade my own brain-software
to understand OLC better, and am hitting a brick wall.
I'd really like to just have the following on each consumer server:

I suggest you look at Zimbra and what it does for MMR replication, etc.  It
fully uses olc for everything, and has scripted MMR setup.

That's nice, but he shouldn't need to look at 3rd party docs to get this done.

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html

--
  -- Howard Chu