Re: OpenLDAP 2.4x Syncrepl setup

--On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 2:14 PM -0500 "Ted Hyde (RSI)" <thyde@rndstudio.com> wrote:

Greets - I'm trying to set up a new slave (consumer) server that would
test against an existing (read: legacy) Samba4 AD controller for LDAP
auth. The intent is to have the consumers as distributed HA-like setups
in the event that VPNs or full off-site network connectivity was lost,
users could still authenticate against the local LDAP services. (The
application auth is really quite simple in this case, just some php
grabbing a bunch of groups, not full AD work). In "ye olde days", I could
do this with slapd.conf, but I'm trying to upgrade my own brain-software
to understand OLC better, and am hitting a brick wall.
I'd really like to just have the following on each consumer server:

I suggest you look at Zimbra and what it does for MMR replication, etc. It fully uses olc for everything, and has scripted MMR setup.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc