Re: "LDAP ease modify restrictions" support

On 02/22/2016 05:57 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Right. Even though the situation is not that easy when going through
abstractions such as JNDI

Wow, I'm surprised anyone is still using something as utterly broken as JNDI with LDAP. My bug about the fact JNDI can't even properly to 30 seconds is still open after over a decade. I'd strongly advise finding a different Java API for working with LDAP (We use UnboundID's LDAP API).

Unfortunately yes. We have migrated to another API (Apache) almost completely. But there is still some legacy code from the old Sun times that is built on top of JNDI. It will take some time for this code to die out. And obviously JNDI is still somehow used in the wild. E.g. Spring LDAP library is built on top of JNDI.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect