Re: problem with slapadd in migrating LDAP servers

--On Friday, January 29, 2016 8:25 PM +0000 k j <kj37075@yahoo.com> wrote:

ldapadd -x -D "cn=administrator,dc=mydomain,dc=com" -W -f
nis.ldif.ldapDump

That is ldapadd, not slapadd.

Since you haven't imported your database yet, I'm going to guess the user doesn't exist in it yet, thus it can't bind. This is why one would need to use slapadd with slapd offline instead.

I would note it is highly recommended to avoid the broken RHEL packages of OpenLDAP. If you require paid support for your LDAP deployment, you likely want to contact Symas and use their packages. If you are fine without paid support, you may wish to use the packages provided by the LTB project if you are not comfortable building OpenLDAP on your own.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.