problem with slapadd in migrating LDAP servers

Hello to all.

My situation is the following.

Migrating from an older Suse server :
   # rpm -qa | grep -i openldap
   openldap2-2.4.12-7.19.1
   openldap2-client-2.4.12-7.19.1

to a New RHEL 6.6 server:
   #  rpm -qa |grep ldap
   mod_authz_ldap-0.26-16.el6.x86_64
   sssd-ldap-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
   apr-util-ldap-1.3.9-3.el6_0.1.x86_64
   openldap-clients-2.4.39-8.el6.x86_64
   openldap-2.4.39-8.el6.x86_64
   openldap-servers-2.4.39-8.el6.x86_64
   compat-openldap-2.3.43-2.el6.x86_64

My exported information looks to be in order, has 47,000 lines but when I try to import it I run into trouble.

ldapadd -x -D "cn=administrator,dc=mydomain,dc=com" -W -f nis.ldif.ldapDump

When prompted for a password I am using the password from the old server (Suse) and that fails, thinking that no password has been setup on the new server I tried an empty password and that also failed.

Next I tried setting a new password 'ldappasswd Testing123' but that gave a SASL failure GSSAPI error  :(
        additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Ticket expired)

Am I going down the wrong road or what?

Thanks for any help,
KJ