Re: Samba auth on replicated LDAP: no admin user

--On Sunday, December 06, 2015 10:13 PM +0100 Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:

Op 06-12-15 om 18:45 schreef Quanah Gibson-Mount:
--On Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:19 PM +0100 Paul van der Vlis
<paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:

Hello,

I have a replicated LDAP and a few Windows PC's what want to
authenticate using Samba. Normally I use "smbpasswd -w" to give the ldap
admin dn, but because it's replicated there is no ldap admin!

Is there a way to authenticate using a replicated LDAP?

I've no clue what you mean here.  If the data is replicated, then the
same data that is on the master is on the replica, and one can
authenticate to the replica just like they would to the master.

You would say, but that's not the case. On the replica I don't have an
"admin" user. When I do:

ldapsearch -x -b "cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=nl" -H ldapi:///

The above is an anonymous search. Do your acls actually allow results to be returned with anonymous searches?

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.