Re: Columnar databases

My idea is to have one bit index per logical column+value stored in a
value where the key also have some means of partitioning the data,
maybe over time. So high cardinality columns will generate lots of
keys+values.

I was thinking of storing multiple indexes in each key+value, making
values bigger but fewer. Say around a few hundreds kilobytes each.

Are there any trade offs between many smaller key+value vs fewer
larger ones? I'm more concerned about read performance.