Re: group email addresses

Brendan Kearney wrote:
On 06/20/2015 04:54 AM, Andrew Findlay wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 08:13:48AM -0400, brendan kearney wrote:

I am using postfix. is there a benefit to the group based expansion piece you
speak of?  Postfix is already tied to my ldap instances for user aliases, etc.
It would allow you to use the LDAP groups to define the members of the
mailing list as well as the address of the list. The Postfix LDAP README
has some ideas about how you might set this up:

http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#example_group

Andrew
yes,  that is what i came across when i found that there is no official
standard.  the schemas i found have multiple different OIDs, with some folks
adding their own customizations to it. for example:

http://www.ldapadmin.org/docs/postfix.schema uses
1.3.6.1.4.1.15347.2

http://fossies.org/linux/group-e/doc/examples/LDAP/schema/postfix.schema uses
1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666

1.3.6.1.4.1.4203 is owned by the OpenLDAP Project. Non-OpenLDAP folks should not be using this. The .666 arc is for experimental schemas. Non-OpenLDAP developers should never use this.

If the Postfix developers want to propose an official schema for their use, they should use an OID arc of their own.

and http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201105/msg00033.html uses
1.3.6.1.4.1.50999.1

I am just wondering which OID (and schema) is the least unofficial or the most
official one to use.

--
  -- Howard Chu