Re: moznss, gnutls, openssl

* Chuck Theobald <chuckt@uoregon.edu> [2015-04-23 22:34:31]:
> What is the current wisdom regarding which tls library to use?
>
> I've got a version 2.4.39 installation on RHEL 6.6 for which I cannot
> get tls to work. I end up with the "TLS: can't connect: TLS error
> -5938:Encountered end of file." error. Likely a misconfiguration of
> moznss, though I followed one set of directions using certutil, but lack
> the proper setting for my ldap TLSCACertificateFile.
>
> My Debian-based ldap servers run with either openssl or gnutls.

I've managed to get the stock RHEL 6/7 2.4.39 packages to work with the
standard PEM-encoded certificates/keys generated by OpenSSL without
needing to convert them into the NSS-specific format.

My TLS settings are simply:

olcTLSCACertificateFile: /etc/openldap/certs/ca.crt
olcTLSCACertificatePath: /etc/openldap/certs
olcTLSCertificateFile: /etc/openldap/certs/ldap.crt
olcTLSCertificateKeyFile: /etc/openldap/certs/ldap.key
olcTLSCipherSuite: HIGH
olcTLSProtocolMin: 3.1

Also check if you have SELinux enabled that these files are labelled
with the correct context as that can be a source of phantom errors.

HTH

Matt