Re: changing objectClass in 2.4

Igor Shmukler wrote:
I would like to change the objectClass for an existing record -
specifically I want to replace dcObject for a custom one, so instead
of:
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization

I would have:
objectClass: top
objectClass: myDcObject
objectClass: organization

Did you try? If yes, what's the problem?

I found a thread where Kurt mentions that back in day, there was
planned support for 2.4 to offer such functionality. [
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200604/msg00074.html ]
Was this done? It is working now?

The above posting was solely about modifying the structural object class of an entry (which is forbidden).

You can change auxiliary object classes at any time after entry creation. Of course you have to take care about changed attribute sets - especially the ones listed as MUST. So if myDcObject is an auxiliary object class it's not a problem at all.

Ciao, Michael.