changing objectClass in 2.4

Hello,

I would like to change the objectClass for an existing record -
specifically I want to replace dcObject for a custom one, so instead
of:
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization

I would have:
objectClass: top
objectClass: myDcObject
objectClass: organization

I found a thread where Kurt mentions that back in day, there was
planned support for 2.4 to offer such functionality. [
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200604/msg00074.html ]
Was this done? It is working now?

Is there a specific issue deleting the organization object? From the
same email, I know that older OpenLDAP releases did not support
modifying objectClass. I tried to delete the entry so the recreate it
the I want it to look. Unfortunately, it is not working. I get an
error as below:
$ ldapdelete -D cn=config -W -x dc=directory,dc=com

I am able to delete regular entries, fine.

Sincerely,

Igor Shmukler