Re: Invalid DN errors

Nick Bright wrote:

> On 11/26/2014 12:00 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:24 AM -0600 Nick Bright
>> <nick.bright@valnet.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The application is attempting to create entries with these attributes:
>>>
>>> Primary Key: x500UniqueIdentifier
>>> Attributes: cn, uid, sn, givenname, userPassword, dn, x500UniqueIdentifier
>>>
>>> I would appreciate some basic guidance as to what to do, or some
>>> direction to the proper documentation or guide for solving "invalid DN"
>>> while attempting to add entries to the directory.
>>
>> Interesting... I've never seen any one try to use x500UniqueIdentifier as a
>> DN component before.
> It's the unique id for the source system that's syndicating data to the
> directory, I've used this configuration before; but it was with "centos-ds".

Is "cent-os" the "389-ds"? This directory server has IIRC a less strict schema
checking, especially regarding DNs.

I already saw people using 'x500UniqueIdentifier' without knowing about the
really correct LDAP syntax and stuffing normal user names therein.

=> you have to sanitize the data when migrating / syncing.

Ciao, Michael.