Re: Trying to switch from bdb to mdb

Todd Lyons wrote:
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:
that while I spend two days reading every frigging thing I could get my hands
on, the one thing I never ran across was an actual working config for
openldap utilizing "mdb".

Nicely stated: "A useful addition to the documentation would be a
working config."

You mean like this?

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html#Configuration%20Example

Now that I know what I was suppose to be looking
for, I found a reference to it
<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/backends.html> 11. Backends. The problem
is since I did not have any backends that had the ".la" extension, it did not
occur to me that I needed to use it.

Nicely stated: "A lot more description about what .la does when it's
specified in the openldap config as an extension of the module being
loaded would go a long way.  And an explanation of why it can be
removed after being run once with it present."  I'm not sure if "it"
refers to "the entire line can be dropped" (seems unlikely) or to "the
.la extension can be dropped."

Actually irrelevant. The .la suffix is totally optional and would have no impact on whether the load would succeed or not. In any case Jerry never actually tried "moduleload back_mdb", despite being told to check his module load statements, on 3 separate occasions, including the very first reply to his question.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201411/msg00004.html
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201411/msg00006.html
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201411/msg00007.html

--