Re: Trying to switch from bdb to mdb

On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 22:08:38 +0100
Dieter Klünter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

> Am Sat, 1 Nov 2014 14:29:10 -0400
> schrieb Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>:
>
> > I am running OpenLDAP on a FreeBSD-10 amd 64 machine. It is installed
> > via the FreeBSD ports system and I compile it on my machine.
> >
> > I recently wanted to switch from BDB since versions greater than 6
> > are not acceptable to OpenLDAP. I wanted to use "mdb", but I just
> > cannot seem to get it configured correctly.
> >
> > I changed the "database bdb" to "database mdb" but when I try to start
> > openLDAP, I get this error:
> >
> > Starting slapd
> > Unrecognized database type (mdb)
> > Warning: failed to start slapd
> >
> > I removed the existing database, so it should be starting up with a
> > clean environment, but the problem continues.
> >
> > This is probably a problem specific to FreeBSD. If any user of
> > FreeBSD has this working, I would love to see how they configured it.
> > Feel free to contact me off list if it is more convenient.
>
> Probably OpenLDAP has not been built with static back-mdb but with
> back-mdb module. You may check with ./slapd -VVV, this will show all
> built-in modules.

This is the output:

@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.40 (Oct 28 2014 06:27:00) $
        gerard@scorpio.seibercom.net:/usr/ports/net/openldap24-server/work/openldap-2.4.40/servers/slapd

Included static overlays:
    syncprov
Included static backends:
    config
    ldif
    relay

Remembering that this is a FreeBSD-10 system, what should I do? This is the
configuration of the port:

/usr/ports/net/openldap24-server $ make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for openldap-server-2.4.40:
     ACCESSLOG=off: With In-Directory Access Logging overlay
     ACI=off: Per-object ACI (experimental)
     AUDITLOG=off: With Audit Logging overlay
     BDB=on: With BerkeleyDB backend (DEPRECATED)
     COLLECT=off: With Collect overy Services overlay
     CONSTRAINT=off: With Attribute Constraint overlay
     DDS=off: With Dynamic Directory Services overlay
     DEREF=off: With Dereference overlay
     DNSSRV=off: With Dnssrv backend
     DYNACL=off: Run-time loadable ACL (experimental)
     DYNAMIC_BACKENDS=on: Build dynamic backends
     DYNGROUP=off: With Dynamic Group overlay
     DYNLIST=off: With Dynamic List overlay
     FETCH=off: Enable fetch(3) support
     GSSAPI=off: With GSSAPI support (implies SASL support)
     MDB=on: With Memory-Mapped DB backend
     MEMBEROF=off: With Reverse Group Membership overlay
     ODBC=off: With SQL backend
     PASSWD=off: With Passwd backend
     PERL=off: With Perl backend
     PPOLICY=off: With Password Policy overlay
     PROXYCACHE=off: With Proxy Cache overlay
     REFINT=off: With Referential Integrity overlay
     RELAY=off: With Relay backend
     RETCODE=off: With Return Code testing overlay
     RLOOKUPS=off: With reverse lookups of client hostnames
     RWM=off: With Rewrite/Remap overlay
     SASL=off: With (Cyrus) SASL2 support
     SEQMOD=off: With Sequential Modify overlay
     SHA2=off: With SHA2 Password hashes overlay
     SHELL=off: With Shell backend (disables threading)
     SLAPI=off: With Netscape SLAPI plugin API (experimental)
     SLP=off: With SLPv2 (RFC 2608) support
     SMBPWD=off: With Samba Password hashes overlay
     SOCK=off: With Sock backend
     SSSVLV=off: With ServerSideSort/VLV overlay
     SYNCPROV=on: With Syncrepl Provider overlay
     TCP_WRAPPERS=off: With tcp wrapper support
     TRANSLUCENT=off: With Translucent Proxy overlay
     UNIQUE=off: With attribute Uniqueness overlay
     VALSORT=off: With Value Sorting overlay
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

What other information could I provide to help track this problem down?

--
Jerry