Re: creating a cn=config modules

--On Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:35 PM -0400 Greg Treantos <gtreanto@gmail.com> wrote:

I have read the documentation and cannot figure out how to create a new
dit so I can add the module I need. If you can be more specific on what I
should be looking for that would be great. But no where have I found that
points how to create the cn=module{0} dit so it can be populated. I don't
know maybe I'm asking the wrong questions.Â

cn=config is the dit.  cn=module{0} is an object within cn=config.

ldapadd <options>
dn: cn=module{0}, cn=config
objectClass: olcModuleList
olcModulePath: /usr/lib64/openldap/
cn: module{0}
olcModuleLoad: {0}accesslog.la

Sounds like you're using Debian or Ubuntu. I'd note their current builds of OpenLDAP are utterly broken and should be avoided. You may want to grab the LTB project builds or builds from Symas.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc.