Re: creating a cn=config modules

Here is what the cn=config directory looks like. As you can see there is no olcDatabase={x}module.ldif file so my question is how do you create one.Â

olcDatabase={2}hdb.ldif
olcDatabase={1}monitor.ldif
olcDatabase={0}config.ldif
cn=schema
olcDatabase={-1}frontend.ldif
cn=schema.ldif

I created this compliant ldifÂ

dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: {0}/usr/lib64/openldap/memberof.la

but when I try an useÂÂldapmodify -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -v -f ldapMdynalist.ldif

I get

ldap_initialize( ldapi:///??base )
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
add olcModuleLoad:
    {0}/usr/lib64/openldap/memberof.la
modifying entry "cn=module{0},cn=config"
ldap_modify: No such object (32)
    matched DN: cn=config

So how do you create a ldif in cn=config. I've read the docs but it is not clear to me how to do this. Once the file is created I'm sure ldapmodify will work. Do I just touch the file?Â