Making sure this is a real issue before I submit it

Good Afternoon,

I am in the process of building an LDAP schema which has a number of attributes which will be constrained to specific values. ÂI have run into an issue where slaptest will build the ldif file without syntax errors, but when slapd starts up it can't find the X-ENUM syntax defined in the same file.

# service slapd start
Checking configuration files for slapd: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â[FAILED]
olcAttributeTypes: value #0 olcAttributeTypes: Syntax not found: "1.3.6.1.4.1.39235.2.3.500"
config error processing cn={5}test,cn=schema,cn=config: olcAttributeTypes: Syntax not found: "1.3.6.1.4.1.39235.2.3.500"
slaptest: bad configuration file!
[root@DNEAA18S2 openldap]# slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Jan 28 2014 09:30:02) $
    mockbuild@x86-022.build.eng.bos.redhat.com:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.4.23/openldap-2.4.23/build-servers/servers/slapd

I have simplified the problem to a single syntax, attribute and object class. ÂThe .schema file and resulting ldif are attached.

Is this a legitimate issue to report, or have I made some subtle syntax / contextual error that is preventing the attribute from finding the syntax?

Cordially,

-Mark Henning