regarding logging when running in the foreground

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent slapd from using syslog when running in the foreground? I run slapd permanently under the runit process supervision package with -d 256, and it already captures stderr to it's own logging system. However, I also get the same log messages cluttering up my syslog with local4.debug lines. Running in the foreground is pretty much a requirement for using process supervision and almost every service related software supports it for this reason. The background logging, despite running in the foreground, is undesired behavior.

-mike