Re: Can't override TLS_REQCERT

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Andrew D. Arenson wrote:
> 	I found the previous post of someone else who faced
> the same problem I'm encountering, but I did not see a posted
> solution:
>
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201310/msg00084.html
>
> 	In /etc/openldap/ldap.conf, TLS_REQCERT is set to 'allow'.
>
> 	I would like to leave this setting, but override it for a
> specific invocation of ldapsearch. I have attempted to do so by
> setting TLS_REQCERT in ~/.ldaprc and be setting the LDAPTLS_REQCERT
> environment variable. Neither has worked.
>
> 	Interestingly, I _HAVE_ found that I can override TLS_CACERTDIR
> in either of those locations.
>
>    	Is this a bug?

Insufficient detail.  Works for me with a local build of 2.4.35 and
setting LDAPTLS_REQCERT to 'allow' on the command-line, ala:

	LDAPTLS_REQCERT=allow ldapsearch -H ldaps://127.0.0.1  -x

with
	TLS_REQCERT     demand

in the system ldap.conf.  It also worked as expected with 'allow' in then
ldap.conf and 'demand' in the env-var.

Philip Guenther