question about openldap restore with command sldapadd

All,

I got one question, when doing openldap restore, in our script, we tried to remove the openldap/data directory, then restore the backup openldap files.

but since we have other data added in openldap database after backup.  then if we doing backup, it will remove the data newly added after backup.

I tried to sldapadd with "-c" option, but the sldapadd command retrun value is 1. so we can't know if this is a error because of existing entry or some other error.

Do you have any idea how to handle this case?   ignore the existing entry when doing sldapadd.

Thanks,
Eric.