Re: Recommended version of BDB package

Mark Cairney wrote:

On 07/02/2014 17:38, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, February 07, 2014 5:17 PM +0000 Mark Cairney
<Mark.Cairney@ed.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi,

Having recently experienced some issues with our Live server (2.4.38,
Scientific Linux 6.4 64-bit) I was looking into possible causes and
found
the following Debian bug report which suggests that BDB 5.X is
problematic with OpenLDAP.

Well, there are lots of 5.x releases, you'd need to be more specific
than that.  I've used BDB 5.2.36 for years w/o issue.

Apologies, I thought I'd stated it in my first email but on reading it
back I haven't. It's BDB 5.3.21

I've tested all the way up to 6.0.20. Didn't notice anything good or bad about any of them, and all are slower than LMDB.

Your ITS#7657 has gotten no attention, due to lack of interest. Aliases are a rather stupid part of LDAP; most other directory vendors don't even bother to implement them.

You might be able to revive interest in that ITS by providing a complete test case (config+data) that demonstrates the issue.

--
  -- Howard Chu