Recommended version of BDB package

Hi,

Having recently experienced some issues with our Live server (2.4.38, Scientific Linux 6.4 64-bit) I was looking into possible causes and found the following Debian bug report which suggests that BDB 5.X is problematic with OpenLDAP.

What's the "best" version of BDB to go with- I see 4.7.25 "with patches" mentioned in the posting and I noticed that this is the version shipped with LTB. If I were to downgrade my BDB database would this be the best one to go for?

I would like to migrate to MDB but there's an issue with alias de-referencing that's a bit of a deal-breaker for us at the moment as a number of our departments use them to provide subsets of their own users(ITS#7657).

Kind regards,

Mark

--

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email: Mark.Cairney@ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.