Re: OpenLDAP compatibility between client and server of different versions

On 01/02/2014 00:44, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> As for replication, you should use the same version of OpenLDAP between all nodes (provider(s) and consumer(s)). Preferably a current release.

Sure, but this makes migration to a new OpenLDAP version complicated in a production environment as you cannot necessarily migrate every slave and the master server software at the same time.

Is there a protocol version number mentioned in the code that I could use to know about compatibility?

I know some different versions work well in a master-slave replication configuration because I had such a setup.

Thanks.