Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

--On Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:35 AM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Yeah, but isn't it quite slow with lmdb? I haven't tested that in years,
so I don't know. One wouldn't run it in production though?

You are (unfortunately) confusing the very new back-mdb with the very
old, long obsolete, years-ago-deleted, back-ldbm. OpenLDAP back-mdb is
quite simply the fastest LDAP engine in the world, by a huge margin over
all other directory software in existence.

See also:

<http://mishikal.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/openldap-a-comparison-of-back-mdb-and-back-hdb-performance/>

<http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/OpenLDAP_MDB_vs_HDB_performance>

Architect - Server