Re: [LMDB] Error 87 followed by MDB_PAGE_NOTFOUND

On 2014-01-29 23:10, Alain wrote:
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Hallvard Breien Furuseth

On 2014-01-29 16:58, Alain wrote:

While running our app (which seemed to be running slow on this last
job), I ended up receiving an rc:87 on a commit, which my app couldn't
recover from. I have verified that I have free disk space, free RAM.

Error numbers are OS-dependent. ÂWhat's errno 87?
E.g. what does this say: perl -le '$! = 87; print $!'

I'm running under Windows and have perl only under Cygwin, so not
sure if the results are meaningful, but I get:
$ perl -le '$! = 87; print $!'
 Cannot exec a shared library directly

Not meaningful, no.  Google(windows error 87) says
ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER, which ought to mean a programmer
error in your application.

If this is code which worked previously, then maybe it lacks
error checking.  E.g. you're doing mdb_txn_begin()
which fails and you use the resulting txn anyway.

Which LMDB version and operating system do you use?

I am at commit 5bda356, from 23 days ago and this is running under Windows 7.

If the latest commit was bad, maybe previous one is
OK. ÂWe need to give mdb_copy an option to make a
backup using the oldest instead of youngest commit.
Then you'll lose just the last commit instead of
everything.

That sounds good, as I'm thinking that this is the 2nd copy that Howard described during one of his presentation.

Yes.

--
Hallvard