[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: optimal mdb flags
- To: "Paul B. Henson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: optimal mdb flags
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 08:22:14 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.8.4 edge02.zimbra.com CE758A6250
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zimbra.com; s=C2AA288C-EE47-11E2-9BB0-E820BDD9BDBF; t=1389198135; bh=1DT9zMbWPBz53wWTA+oqBl1O1PgmpHh6XCLHUIFyZUo=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=q0c9m0niSSbYXd0TFLuiCnUNKxgtra1CLpLk9HzcSVFdqBDrB5mAF4ybSTHh5JqJ8 rVWI3YJhOav/wBR0rwpohjrWcIRC+qKS1bZfa18MVClv2y2FG0MKN/TD1h/E0FJGl2 mGCWKKaU1anWKkaXMC9d2FhmMS8QTR3sIQkdvHe8=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
--On Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:15 PM -0800 "Paul B. Henson"
So if it's not obvious, we're working on migrating our openldap deployment
to mdb from hdb :), I apologize for the flurry of questions, this will be
the last, at least for today ;).
I'm trying to evaluate the optimal configuration for mdb; it seems like
for the most part you can just set maxsize and move on if you don't have
performance issues, but one flag I've seen frequently mentioned for
improving performance is writemap. This seems like a win all around,
unless there is some bug that results in erroneous writes into the mapped
region, in which case it could potentially cause major database
corruption. For those that have been running mdb in the field for a
while, are you using writemap? Have you ever run into any corruption
because of it?
I use writemap and nometasync. I've never encountered corruption because
of using writemap.
Architect - Server
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration