Re: Antw: RE: Replication fails after network outage

Hi,

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013, Ulrich Windl wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> schrieb am 13.11.2013 um 19:07 in
Nachricht <58534BED9C430B31FE4F6B5E@[192.168.1.93]>:
--On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:02 PM -0500 "Darouichi, Aziz"
<adarouic@post03.curry.edu> wrote:

Is it necessary to upgrade? I have to take my case to Management...!!!!

Well, that depends.  Do you want syncrepl to work, or do you want it to not
work?  I strongly advise you to read the changelog for OpenLDAP so you can
see the numerous fixes to syncrepl replication since 2.4.23 was released.

Let me comment that I run a multi-master configuration with openldap2-2.4.26-0.16.1 (SLES11 SP2) sucessfully. I haven tested network outages, but I restarted individual servers, and there were no problems.
For the update: I contacted support, and they told me I'll have to demonstrate them how many $$ we would gain by using a later version. At that point I stopped arguing.

I usually find it quite amusing asking what their compliance requirements say to running unsupported software.

If they reply that they have support from their enterprise linux distribution of choice I would be equally interested in what commitments that vendor has in supporting third party packaged software that they bundle with their distro.

If they have still not heard the bubble burst I would assume that the software in question is not mission critical and needs no sla.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2