Re: different hdbs for ou

Denny Fuchs wrote:
> Am 01.11.2013 um 12:02 schrieb Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>:
>>
>> Why do you want to have separate databases?
>> What does "use" mean in this context?
>
> for a easier file and database management. They may need different DB
> options or indexes as we need, so I want to split every departure from our
> main DB.

I'd clarify requirements *before* doing the hassle dealing with separate
databases. If you really have to deal with DB files on department level you're
doing something wrong in your deployment.

> "Use" means: I have a up and running two node LDAP server and I
> want that they can use them too. So, we don't need a different/other LDAP
> server for every department. But I don't want to use the same hdb files for
> them too. If they do something strange in there "ou" three and it breaks
> the LDAP server/setup, I can move the directory away and start the server
> again, in an emergency case.

I'd recommend to research how to implement appropriate access control to
prevent that "something strange" in one sub-tree affects the stability of the
whole server.

Of course you can glue several DBs with 'subordinate' directive. But it's
unlikely that you really need it.

Ciao, Michael.