About LDAP PAM authentication

Title: About LDAP PAM authentication

Hi,

I  have 4 goals in configurating ldap pam authentication in my workstations Ubuntu 12.04 and 10.04:

1.  Authenticate both ldap users and unix users.

2.  Login using cached credentials when ldap server is down.

3.  Warnings and dialog for password change when password expired or is about to expire.

4.  Password length and complexity check.

We have an openldap server with an operational ppolicy.schema and we need a comprehensive  explanation about configuring Ubuntu clients for achieve this goals.  I have read some documents but I'm not satisfied.

Thanks,

Ernesto Suárez Ojeda