RE: memberof overlay replicating memberOf attribute?

In the ticket, there is some discussion of whether or not memberOf should be
a "DSA-specific attribute" and hence not replicated; the discussion was not
resolved, but I would vote for yes. The slapo-memberof man page says:

"The maintenance operations it performs are internal to the server on which
the  overlay  is  configured  and  are never  replicated. Replica servers
should be configured with their own instances of the memberOf overlay if it
is desired to maintain these memberOf attributes on the replicas."

Considering memberOf is not part of any standard schema, and only valid if
the memberof overlay is loaded, it seems would make sense for it not to be
replicated to remote servers that might not know what to do with it. If for
some reason that won't be done, then ideally at least the documentation
could be updated to make it clear that the attribute *is* replicated, and
that all of the servers should be reconfigured to include the overlay before
any group membership is updated to prevent an invalid attribute from showing
up...

Thanks.