Re: Multi-master setup in debian

Listas de Correo wrote:
>> Today it's so easy to set up two virtual machines with your favourite OS
>> and
>> work through the replication chapter in the admin guide.
>>
>> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html
>>
>> You mentioned Debian. I'd recommend not to use the Debian packages and
>> compile
>> OpenLDAP 2.4.36+ yourself instead.
>>
> Well, that does not look so easy to me (that's why I'm asking for help :)

Nobody said it's "easy". But playing around in a test environment based on
virtual machines is pretty cheap nowadays.

> ), specially considering that I already have a working LDAP working with
> several hundreds users relying on them to do their work, so it's not
> possible to me to start from scratch, I have to use what I already have
> (and not break anything in the process).
>
> For the reason above, I can't compile OpenLDAP myself (I have to use what
> is already there).

There are exactly two possibilities:

1. Take responsibility and learn how to get the job done.

2. Convince your boss to hire somebody else to get the job done for you.

Your choice...

Ciao, Michael.