Re: Shadow context when modifying syncrepl sections

Le 02/09/2013 13:57, Yann Bordenave a écrit :
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html
https://github.com/benegon/openldap/blob/master/tests/scripts/test050-syncrepl-multimaster

Actually, I followed this documentation step by step to setup the
multimaster system with my three nodes. I forgot to say that everything
is working, as long as I don't touch one of the olcSyncrepl attribute.
Here is an extract of the configuration:

http://paste.meo.wf/paste/J4WsvLGK#EyzL7TLF

Indeed, this extract is replicated on all the servers.
I tried to give only the relevant parts of the configuration.
Am I missing something ?

I encounter the shadow context error only when I change one of the
olcSyncRepl attribute and I got it on every server, not only the one
where I make these changes.
Well, your configuration seems to be the good one (but if I were you, I wouldn't use cn=admin,dc=example,dc=org to syncrepl your database {1}bdb.) - Did you try to modify other attributes in cn=config (by tcp, not ldapi) ? It works ? - Can we see ACLs used on {0}config ? (by default, cn=admin,cn=config is not allowed to modify anything in TCP)
- Did you try with mdb instead of bdb ?
- What is your openldap version ?

I hope that these precisions will help in the investigations.