Re: How to check whether OpenLDAP server is provider or consumer ?

--On Friday, August 23, 2013 3:53 PM +0530 pramod kulkarni <pammu.kulkarni@gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to notify a system to check if the openLDAP server is
provider or consumer.I can do this by getting a referral error on the
consumer side whenever I try to write something on the server , but is
their any other way to check if OpenLDAP is provider or consumer without
writing to it ? .

You could query for the updateref setting if you are using cn=config out of the config DB, but that'd require the rootdn? Or, you could just set up slapo-chain on your replica, and then it doesn't matter.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc