Re: Removing Overlays Using cn=config

Tim Gustafson wrote:
Hi,

I would like to remove the "auditlog" overlay from one of my databases
on my OpenLDAP server that is running 2.4.35 and is configured via
cn=config.

But, when I try to remove the overlay object, I get:

0x35 (LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM)

I Googled around about this, and found some older list messages about
not being able to delete overlays, but most of those messages are
years old and I was wondering if this has changed at all?

cn=config does not support delete operations. This will probably be supported in OpenLDAP 2.5.

If not, what is the "proper" way to remove an overlay?

slapcat -n0, edit LDIF, remove old configDB and reimport.

--
  -- Howard Chu