Mirror mode replication breaks at times.

Hi,

I have configured mirror mode replication. It's 2 node. Everything works fine but if I don't work on the server or say 30/40 mins or so and then when I try to add or delete any users or groups it don't get replicated to the other node. Am not getting any error in the logs and if I restart the slapd service it's syncs again and giving expected results.  The same setup I have in the test environment and its works like a charm the only difference in this setup is that the 2 servers are hosted on 2 different DC geographically separated where as in test they are in same DC.

Am using the openldap version which comes by default with RHEL 6.3. If it would have been a version issue then I should have expected the same result in test as well? Please help.

Regards,
/Pradyumna
Sent from my iPhone